Lower back pain can be tough, but it’s important to stay active. According to experts, bed rest is a big no-no when it comes to relieving lower back pain. Before you start your day, it’s a good idea to get into a back-friendly exercise routine so that you can relax your back and get your muscles warmed up.
Experiencing phantom limb pain?
We would like to explore whether participating in an online support group could help individuals living with phantom limb pain better manage their condition, to reduce pain or better wellbeing.
The background for us undertaking this study, is that less than 10% of people diagnosed with phantom limb pain experience lasting pain relief following treatment. Which can have severe negative effects on one’s health. We are exploring alternative avenues to help the remaining 90% manage their phantom limb pain. We are therefore undertaking the current study in hopes of better informing future research and medical practice.
Free 8-week exercise program for people with whiplash.
The University of Queensland are seeking people with neck pain due to whiplash for a study looking at the effects of exercise on the brain.
- 8-week low-intensity exercise program
- Individual exercise sessions delivered by a physiotherapy researcher and physiologist
Risk Perceptions About Driving and Medications in People With Chronic Non-cancer Pain
Researchers from UTAS are running a new study to explore whether chronic pain or related medications have an impact on risk perceptions about driving and driving-related behaviours.